Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Lost Labours of Love

as i mentioned in this post
i was very excited to go see the play
of Love's Labour's Lost

Overall I really liked the play
I thought they did a terrific job of
adapting it to the stage
and adapting it into the 40's era
(it made me wish i was in the 40's)

As for my thoughts and critique on it

the first thing was that is was way too long
i felt like it dragged on
and they made some of the scenes
unnecessarily long and boring

i thought that this was interesting and
semi related to my final project topic

the cast did a good job drawing in the audience
and making everyone engaged
but had they just shortened the play
and made thing a little more accessible
that it would have made things better

i felt like that there were a lot of
"non shakespeare folk"
that where asking their shakespearean friends
"what just happen, what is going on, etc"
and then people explaining the entirety
of the play as they were leaving the theater

this leads me to the idea that no matter
how accessible and exciting and hip
your content may be
you still cant tackle huge boring things

even as a "shakespeare folk"
i felt like they talked really fast
and sometimes it was hard to follow
one thing that made things hard to follow
was that i was unsure who some of the cast was supposed to be

some people in our class mentioned
this may just be because we were
 looking and knew the characters better

I asked my husband what he thought
and his smartypants self said,
"it was kinda racy for BYU"
(he's a BYU hater)

over all i thought it was a good production
the set was amazing
the live band was amazing
it was pretty awesome production

my sister is in town
and i almost want to go again
so she can go

No comments:

Post a Comment

Out, damned comments! out, I say!