Saturday, January 28, 2012

Audible and Hamlet and a Facelift


So I have started listening to the audio version of Hamlet
What i did find out is you get two free book downloads just for trying them out
and you get to keep the down loads even after you cancel your membership if you would like

I was a little confused when I started to try to listen
You down load two files that are named "Part 1" and "Part 2"
That was 11 hours total. I have to say this idea was very over whelming that it would take 11 hours
so i was trying to figure out how to "turn off" the commentary
but part 1 is simple the files with the commentary 
and part 2 is with out the commentary
--i dont know what they dont just title the files that way....

however! I have listened to about 10 minutes of the commentary 
and still have not gotten to the play itself....
it is all interesting though and gives you a feeling of being there in Shakespeare's time

I still havent decided if three extra hours is worth the commentary though

and just a funny side note
my cat is scared to death when i play the audio book
something about the old lady who does the narration must frighten her haha

with a start of a new play also means a face lift for my phone
i am kind of sad to get rid of my Portia background though
because it has been my favorite one so far

so i guess its almost cheating
because i really didnt really find a new background
i just found Elizabeth E Schuch's Ophelia water color 
it is beautiful
she also has a beautiful Hamlet watercolor as well

i really love her work 
and i want to order some of her print
as well as i wish i was as talented as her.

I did look for other backgrounds and came across this humorous picture
















It is "Hamlet" by Stevyn Colgan
haha witty literature humor. 

1 comment:

  1. Love it. Also, thanks for the info about the audible version.

    ReplyDelete

Out, damned comments! out, I say!