Thursday, January 19, 2012

word play and so many tennis balls

I talked earlier about all of the imagination and specifics worked into Henry V
I noticed that A LOT of people were posting about the pun of the "tennis balls"
so I decided that I needed to do some more research into it and look farther into it
I found this Folger Shakespeare Library webpage adapted from Mowat and Westine
that talks about all of the word play in Henry V

i find it so amazing how in depth and clever Shakespeare can be
I think the thing that makes his clever-ness so effective
is the multiple layers that it gives the speeches and writing
and it makes everything mean so much more.

that article was really interesting
there is also a few more articles on the left
that talk more about Shakespeare's writing in Henry V specifically

its all really fascinating and helps to show
how much more amazing and talented Shakespeare was

1 comment:

  1. I love researching word meaning with Shakespeare. It's always so fascinating to find out some of the different meanings to his wording. It makes me appreciate the genius of Shakespeare just a little more.

    ReplyDelete

Out, damned comments! out, I say!