Wednesday, January 18, 2012

interesting and lost imagination

So i have to say I am highly struggling with our chap Henry.
I just cant motivate myself with it

i was pleased and surprised to see that the movie is on netflix!
(which means we dont have to worry about Sopapilla lol --SOPA PIPA and torrentz... for now or my husband doesnt have to worry about them.)

so maybe i need to watch the movie and then hope my interest is re kindled.

i know it has been said many a times in class
but i just want to reiterate how interesting the idea of not having an elaborate scene is
it is interesting how specifically in this play we have the Chorus to set all of the scenes
i wonder how Shakespeare's people reacted to it
if it was a pretty common thing (since we saw it in the tempest now as well)
or if it was something new to his people
and whether they thought it was good or bad

it also makes me think that perhaps we are a people of lost imagination
we rely on the coolest special effects and the best computer graphics
so that makes me think that in our digital era and age of digital literacy
that we are more un imaginative than ever
we expect more things to keep us entertained than ever before
i am sure if something came out that was very minimalist
and required you to create the scene with your imagination
that it would not do very well and get bad reviews

just something interesting i thought about as always

No comments:

Post a Comment

Out, damned comments! out, I say!