Friday, February 17, 2012

Digital Media: Shakespeare in Bits

So I previously mentioned that I found Shakespeare in Bits
which is an awesome company that is making these interactive programs for Shakespeare!
It is funny because I had mentioned it in my last post and the creator commented on the post giving me his information to get a hold of him directly!

I went ahead and downloaded all of the trials.
and i love them! i think that is it such a cool thing for students to use!
you should really download it for yourself just to see how cool it is 


here are some screen shots of the Macbeth version


Each play has an animated clip and text to follow along with
the text in annotated with  important things students may need to know
it also has note on the acts and a synopsis


It also has an analysis section with all sorts of key important things for students to know


there is a "cast" section that goes through each character and gives you important details
this is also great for a play like Macbeth where everyone is name Mac-blahblahblah


with in the cast section there is also a character interaction section 


i absolutely love this creation.
in a future classroom where students will probably have Ipads or tables or computers
a teacher could use this to make the text interesting and approachable
and also be able to use all of the text rather than having to trim it!
I then think the teacher could supplement this with hand on activities. 

go download it now!! and tell all your friends :)

i emailed the creator and am anxiously awaiting a reply because this is so awesome!!
another one of those things that makes me want to go teach shakespeare right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Out, damned comments! out, I say!