Saturday, February 11, 2012

Phase 1 of Research Paper. Progress Report.

Let me give you some copy and paste regurgitation....
however, don't get me wrong. 
i love an opportunity to be lazy
and when everything is made so easy
thank you Dr B.

Progress Report: Phase 1 of Research Paper
I'm required to document my research and writing process for the Shakespeare research paper I'm doing this month. According to the assignment instructions, here are the components I must include. If I have met those requirements, I have included a link to a post or posts that document my efforts for that component:

Phase 1: Feb 6-11
Exploration: I have done a lot of this... 1 2 3 4
Textual Analysis: 1
Social Proof (finding): 1 2

Phase 2: Feb 13-18
Performance Analysis
Annotated Bibliography
Digital media and online resources
Social Proof (contacting): 1 2

Phase 3: Feb 20-25
"Tweethis" statement
Posted draft with peer interaction
Evaluation of a peer's draft

</regurgitate>

So I am focusing on the use of outside sources in studying Shakespeare
the importance of not studying in isolation
i want also want to focus on how Shakespeare has become a "folklore" of sorts in our society
and how much there is able to learn and engage from the studying of others adaptions

As far as what is working well, I am really enjoying working in the small groups
I almost feel like we should be taking it to a next level rather than just "reporting"
so we need to maybe work more on our papers together or im not sure

I could work more on my structuring and really deciding what I am doing
so perhaps an outline and a plan

i wish i would have started rereading the text sooner
because when i started working directly with the text
it got my shakespeare analytic juices flowing
rather than my broader teaching ideas

from this point i want to start looking at adaptations
and how they are insightful to specific parts of the text
also i want to contact my people i have scoped out
and then after i get it all laid out
i want to approach some teachers and see their thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Out, damned comments! out, I say!