Tuesday, February 7, 2012

research paper woes.

I keep going back and forth on what I want to look into
i think a lot of it has to do with seeing what everyone else is doing
and i must still not quite fully understanding the details of the assignment yet

What i have come down to is looking into
the importance of Shakespeare being taught correctly through scaffolding
for students to leave with valuable things all in one unit

i have the idea of looking at how Shakespeare
being taught in schools by scaffolding the material
has greater benefits for students in many ways like:
reading comprehension
learning history, folklore
seeing Shakespeare's influence in our world

and i want to use Macbeth as my play

I feel like there are a lot of people I could talk to about this

My list I have thought of so far:
teacher of teachers
-Prof Wing -teaches introductory teaching classes
-Dr Grierson -teaches reading comprehension
department chair in a high school
-Tara Henderson
Shakespeare enthusiast?
Folger Shakespeare blog writers
-there have specifically been bloggers that talk about scaffolding
Students in high school

3 comments:

  1. I'm really interested to see how the scaffolding process contributes to teaching Shakespeare and I'm curious to see what you can come up with in regards to that. I hope that you'll find a lot of information and contacts and share with me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem. I just have too many topics I'm interested in, and can't focus it down! But yours sounds interesting; what do you mean by scaffolding?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really interested in hearing more about scaffolding. It seems like it would be a very beneficial way of learning and I want to hear what others say about it.

    ReplyDelete

Out, damned comments! out, I say!